Chief Executive Officer
All-inclusive remuneration package: R920 000.00 per annum
East and Southern African Association of Accountants-General (ESAAG) Pretoria
PURPOSE of the position:
To direct, pill lead and manage the Association on its strategic path under guidance of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Chairperson of ESAAG.
It will be expected from the successful candidate to:
- To formulate ESAAG’s strategy, objectives and policies; Implementation and achievement of strategic and operational goals, objectives and operational plans of ESAAG.
- To oversee the technical, financial and HR management, secretarial and stakeholder liaison functions of ESAAG.
- Responsible to facilitate operations of governance arrangements of ESAAG.
- To develop and implement capacity building initiatives for the region.
- To actively source and manage donor funding to strengthen implementation of the capacity building reforms within the region.
- To conduct research on best practice with regard to PFM and related discipline development.
- To monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of ESAAG’s capacity development strategic inventions amongst member countries and represent the Annual General Meeting in all matters pertaining to the Associations activities in consultation with the Chairperson and fulfil any duties entrusted to him / her by the Annual General Meeting.
To be considered for this position, the applicant should have:
- A minimum of 7 — 10 years’ experience in the field of Public Financial Management, with a good understanding of Financial Accounting, Risk Management and Internal Auditing or related capacity development discipline
- A minimum of Postgraduate qualification in the above mentioned areas
- Full membership of an internationally recognised Accounting, Auditing or related professional body i.e. Institute of Internal Auditors, CIMA, ACCA etc.
- Strategic management and leadership experience will be essential
- Knowledge of capacity development and education training on financial management (essential)
- Conversant with donor procedures and extensive experience in negotiations with donor community.
Mr Schalk Human
Tel: +27 12 315 5886
Applications should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV and originally certified copies of qualifications and ID. All qualifications are subject to verification and candidates will undergo compulsory competency testing as part of the recruitment process.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Private Bag X115,
or email: email@example.com.
31 July 2014 at 12:00. No late applications will be accepted.